Comprehensive Dental Care for Ages 1-18
At Dr. Gutenberg and Associates Pediatric Dentistry, we provide comprehensive dental care to children of all ages from infancy to late adolescence. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and the American Dental Association (ADA) recommend the first dental visit within 6 months of eruption of the first tooth or by the first birthday.
Schedule your child’s appointment today with one of our board certified pediatric dental specialists at our Palm Springs or Yucca Valley pediatric dental offices.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive examinations
- Cleanings (prophylaxis)
- Low radiation, digital x-rays
- Fluoride treatments to prevent cavities
- Silver diamine fluoride
- Tooth colored fillings
- Pulpotomies/Pulpectomies (Baby root canals)
- Stainless steel crowns (back teeth only)
- Tooth colored crowns (front and back teeth)
- Space maintainers
- Treatment for dental trauma
- Treatment with nitrous oxide
- Treatment with oral conscious sedation
- Treatment under general anesthesia
What to expect on your child’s first dental visit:
- Meet and greet and make your child feel welcome.
- Review your child’s health history
- Take radiographs of the teeth if needed
- Clean and polish your child’s teeth
- Perform the dental examination
- Provide preventative oral hygiene instructions and dietary counseling
- Review and discuss the treatment plan, if needed, and discuss the next visit
- Your child gets to pick their stickers and prizes
Keeping it Positive
You can make your child’s first visit to the dentist enjoyable and positive. Tell your child that a trip to the dentist will be fun and easy. Keep it simple, happy, and positive. It is best to refrain from using high anxiety words that might cause unnecessary fear. Some words to avoid would be “hurt”, “shot”, “pull”, “drill”, and “needle”. Our office uses words that are pleasant and non-frightening.
We invite you to stay with your child during the initial examination. However, during future appointments, we suggest you allow your child to accompany our staff through the dental experience. Our purpose is to gain your child’s confidence and overcome fear or apprehension.
We Work on Kid’s Time
We understand that you have a busy schedule. When you are preparing for your child’s first visit with us, keep in mind, we work on “kid’s time” and your appointment could last between 45-60 minutes, perhaps a bit longer. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Regular Dental Check-Ups
Regular check-ups are important to maintaining a healthy smile. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends visiting your dentist every six months for regular check-ups, routine teeth cleanings and preventative fluoride applications. We look forward to seeing you and your family at Dr. Gutenberg and Associates Pediatric Dentistry.
Our knee-to-knee routine for examinations, cleanings and fluoride treatments on our tiniest and sometimes most nervous patients.
Call Dr. Gutenberg and Associates Pediatric Dentistry today to schedule your child’s appointment!
Palm Springs Location
490 S. Farrell Drive, Suite C-101
Palm Springs, CA, 92262
Yucca Valley Location
7144 Airway Avenue,
Yucca Valley, CA 92284